You may be trying to get access to Google cloud, but due to not having an authenticated account into Google cloud platform (GCP), your administrator might ask you to get authenticated, this guide will help you with the same.
GCP only provides access to authenticated users via its sophisticated identity management system.
To access Google cloud you need to satisfy one of the below conditions:
1) Have a Google cloud workspace account.
2) Have a Google cloud identity account.
3) Have a Google account.
If #1 and #2 above don’t ring a bill, you can still access Google cloud using the below steps:
You can use any email address (Pref your organizational email) to access google cloud. Note that, this does not mean that Google can read your email, because Google has no way of accessing your email or receive email on your behalf unless you are a Google workspace user or if you use Google for your business email. If your email is hosted and managed elsewhere (even if it’s in google), Google cloud platform does not have access to it.
Your email is used as an identity account by verifying that only you own the account and you are – who you say you are.
1) Go to : https://accounts.google.com/signup/v2/ – You will see the below screen:
2) In the same page, click on “Use my current email address instead” – use this only if you want to use your organization email name to sign in.
Note that your organization or your email is safe and secure and is not being used in any way except to validate that as a placeholder for your login name. Other than that, Google has no access to your information.
3) Here, you can enter the information and choose any password that you can remember (Forgot passwords will send requests to you on the email that you use).
Passwords are needing to be 8 characters long (As of the time of this writing) and are to be a combination of numbers, alphabets and special characters.
4) Click next, here you will be asked to enter the verification code that was sent to the email address that you have chosen in the previous step:
5) Once you enter the verification code, you will get to enter your phone number.
6) You will then get a code sent to your phone to verify in the same manner that you verified your email. You will need to enter the code in the next step.
7) Once you have verified the information, you will need to enter your date of birth.
8) A privacy page will then be presented, scroll down and click on I agree – if you agree with all the information that is presented on that page.
9) That’s it, now you can inform your Google cloud admin to start giving you project access.